Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Bucket List


I've always had a Bucket List - a list of things I want to do before I die. Being the sports and music loving person that I am, majority of the list has always dominated by either sporting events or concerts I'd want to see.

Here are my Bucket Lists, for both Sports and Music - in no particular order.



Sports

  • Wimbledon - hopefully a semifinal or final match, maybe Nadal vs Federer?
  • Summer Olympics - I'd like to witness the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics, and watch as many sports as I could
  • The Masters (Augusta National) - On a Sunday, with Tiger 4 strokes back, and Mickelson, Els and Singh in the lead
  • Ironman Hawaii - Duh?
  • World Cup - An epic match between Italy, Germany, Netherlands, France or any of the powerhouse African nations
  • Tour de France - Laid back in a nice chair near the top of the Alpe d'Huez, with a view of the descent, sipping on nice brewskies, or a single malt scotch
  • UFC - Any UFC event, better if its a Randy Couture rematch against Brock Lesnar
  • Special Olympics - This must be an awesome experience I would like to be part of, either as a spectator or a volunteer
Music
  • U2 - Need I say more? U23D was a rush, I can imagine what a real concert would be like!
  • The Police - Haha! I can actually scratch this off my list - Saw them in their Reunion Tour
  • Dave Matthews Band - I don't mind seeing them again
  • Led Zeppelin - There are talks of a Reunion Tour
  • Foo Fighters
  • Radiohead
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Eric Clapton
  • A Woodstock or Glastonbury type Music Festival
What's on your Bucket list?

'We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.' Jack Nicholson as Edward Cole in 'Bucket List' (2007).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's mine

SPORTS:

1. World Cup
2. Tour de France
3. MotoGP (I've always wanted to race motorcycles)
4. Escape from Alcatraz Long-Distance Swimming
5. X-Games!!!!!!!!!!
6. IM Kona
7. Summer and Winter Olympics
8. The 4 Deserts
9. F1
10. UFC!

MUSIC

(Since you put U2, DMB, The Police, and Radiohead I won't put them on my list na although they are very much part of mine)

1. The Railway Children (if they reunite it'll be the greatest day of my life. I was in heaven the day the Lotus Eaters came to the Philippines)
2. Coachella Festival!!!!!
3. Madonna
4. Sigur Ros!
5. Stereophonics
6. Bloc Party (I've seen Franz Ferdinand in HK a few years ago. :D)
7. Blue Man Group
8. Down to the Bone
9. Rage Against The Machine
10. Tool